Wednesday, November 23, 2011

the journey

each day is a step, a step that makes up many within a long journey.
although, i wish it were a quick and easy journey.

i am working my way towards a goal, and a place where i can finally be who i am.
this place is far, far away; and i find myself frustrated and hopeless.

they say "look at you. why haven't you made it yet? will you ever get there?"
i look down at my feet and respond "i'm working on it. i promise."

there are those who believe in me though.
they say i can do anything.
"you can do it, kiddo! i just know it!"
and i feel a spark light within me.

but, should i believe in me?

i think i should.
..because if i do not, then i will never make it.
i have to make it.
and no one, not even myself, will stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment