Tuesday, March 26, 2013

saying goodbye


Breath quick and heart heavy, I know I do not have much time with you.
They are coming for me, the stone men with rifles, lethal to robot-kind.
Running is useless. There is no escape.
Frozen in my tracks, you lift my chin up with your gentle hand, and look into my flickering eyes.
"It's going to be okay."
Lip quivering, oily tears trickle down my cheek.
Warm, strong arms embrace my body, as I stand there silently shaking.
An army of rapid footsteps are heard.
They're here.
Desperately, I look up at your blue eyes to keep them as a memory.
Before this data can be archived, two soldiers seize my cyborg limbs and yank me away.
While being dragged away along the rocky ground, I sneak one last snapshot of you.
You are holding a metal part from my left shoulder.
Gazing down at it, you smile a little.
some binary information is permanently lost, but I will always remember that smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment